Our Screening Process
If you would like to advertise your services with us, and would like the “Screened” logo on your listing, you will have to submit proof that your business is a legitimate business, and that it has all the necessary licenses, insurances, permits, and/or other documentation that it needs to operate as a legitimate business.
Below is a list of the type of documentation you will need to pass the screening process. You are not required to turn in any of this documentation if you do not care to have the “Screened” logo appear on your listing. You can still advertise your business or service with us at any of the three levels but you will not have the “Screened” logo on your listing, so the public can see your business has been screened by us. You are encouraged to turn all documentation in within 30 days of posting your ad on this website. Please email all documentation to email@example.com or send hard copies to:
Attn: Advertising Group
1008 E. Pecan Blvd., Bldg D-11
McAllen, TX 78501
- If the service you provide requires that you have a state license (i.e. plumber, attorney, electrician, real estate agents, etc.), please provide us with a clear photocopy of your license.
- If your profession or trade requires that you have a certification (i.e. financial advisors, CPA’s, etc.) please provide a legible copy of that.
- If the service you provide required you to get advance studies, such as graduating from medical school, please provide a legible copy of your diploma.
- Please provide us a legibly copy of your Driver’s License, or any government issued ID that has your picture. This will be used to compare all otherdocumentation you provide.
- If the service you provide requires that you have any type of insurance, please provide proof of that.
- If the service you provide requires that you be bonded, or if you have a bond anyway, please provide proof of that.
- If your state or any other government entity requires that you collect sales taxes for your services, please provide us a copy of your Tax Collection certificate.
- If you provide a service that is not regulated by a government entity but is governed by a recognized professional association, you can submit proof that you have a good standing membership with that association.
- If you provide a service that is not regulated or overseen by anyone, and there are no professional associations for it, you can send us a copy of your membership with the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
- If you operate your business under a registered Corporation, a Limited Partnership (LP), a Limited Liability Company (LLC), or as a Sole-Proprietor (DBA), please provide us a copy of your registry documents and/or your DUNS membership number.